Annual Client Meeting
May 14 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
We are delighted to announce Dr. Catherine Florio Pipas as this year’s guest speaker at our Annual Client Meeting!
Dr. Pipas is currently a Professor at Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth. She is committed to working with others to provide training for healthy individuals and healthy organizations. Please see below to learn more about her.
We are grateful to have Dr.Pipas as this year’s guest speaker.
The Annual Client Meeting will be held on May 14, 2020 – mark your calendars!
Catherine Florio Pipas, MD, MPH
Dr. Pipas is a Professor in Community & Family Medicine at The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice (TDI) and Dept of Medical Education, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth. She has been recognized as a leader in education, research and clinical care with awards including: 2019 STFM Humanism in Medicine Award, the 2019 Family Medicine Education Consortium “This We Believe” Award on “Caring for Me- Caring for You,” the 2017, 2018 and 2019 New Hampshire Top Doctor, Dartmouth Medical School Master Educator, AOA Honor Society, and Dartmouth Clinical Teacher of the Year.
Dr. Pipas serves on the Administrative Board of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Council of Faculty and Academic Societies, the Board of Trustees of Kimball Union Academy, and Leads the Family Medicine Education Consortium Culture of Wellness Collaborative. Dr. Pipas is the Chief Wellness Officer for CaseNetwork, overseeing the design, implementation and assessment of CoreWellness and their learning and research collaborative. Over the last 25 years, she has served in positions including Assistant Dean, Vice Chair, Chief Clinical Officer, and Director of the Office of Community- Based Education and Research and Director of Dartmouth’s Regional Primary Care Center.
She is author of A Doctor’s Dozen: 12 Strategies for Personal Health and a Culture of Wellness. Her book delivers the framework for a wellness curriculum for Health Professionals – and Everyone Else! Dr. Pipas is committed to improving health nationally and internationally and provides training across professions to promote healthy individuals and healthy organizations. Her vision is for Healthy Individuals Contributing to Healthy Communities.
She received her medical degree at Jefferson Medical College, and completed residency at Medical University of South Carolina, Faculty Development Fellowship at UNC- Chapel Hill and an MPH at TDI. Dr. Pipas contributes to the development of undergraduate and medical students, nurses, resident, faculty and community members across the institution
and regionally. She directs the Leadership Curriculum at Dartmouth School of Medicine and the Social and Behavioral Determinants of Health Course at TDI.
She is Past President of the New Hampshire Academy of Science, and has served on the STFM Board of Directors, the NHAFP Board and the NH Board of Medicine. She is a Founding Faculty for STFM’s Medical Student Educators Development Institute and has contributed to the STFM Leading Change Course , the AAMC National LEAD Certificate Program and the ACGME Milestones Project.
Dr. Pipas speaks, consults and collaborates locally, nationally and globally with medical schools, residency programs, hospitals and other organizations including the Tuck School of Business, Center for Healthcare. She has the following areas of interest and expertise:
Personal Health and Wellness
- Personal Wellness and Evidence Based Improvement Strategies
- Performance Training to Minimize Burnout and Promote Resilience
- Behavioral Modification and Motivational Interviewing
- Development and Implementation of Personal Health Improvement Plans
- Disease Prevention and Health Promotion across Age and Gender
- Mental Health Topics: Depression and Anxiety Management
- Women’s Health Topics: Sexually Transmitted Illnesses
- Dermatological Topics: Common Benign and Malignant lesions
Personal and Professional Leadership Development
- Self Awareness and Self Assessment for Effective Leadership
- Communication and Negotiation skills
- Self Reflection and Emotional Intelligence
- Time Management and Effective Decision Making
- Strategic Planning and the Role of a Shared Vision
- Development of a Resume that Tells Your Story
- Project Implementation; Planning and Execution of Change
Team and Systems Improvement
- Team Development, Assessment and Performance
- Conflict Resolution
- Observation and Feedback
- Team based Learning and Evidence-Based Practice
- Quality Improvement Curriculum Development and Mentoring
- Developing and Implementation of Actionable Team Improvement Plans
- Leading Change applied at the Individual, Systems and Population Health Levels.
Community Engagement, Public Health and Population Health
- Principles and Practice of Collaborative Public Health
- The Determinants of Health and the Impact on Population Health
- Experiential Service Learning
- Community Needs assessment and Outcomes Determination
• Developing and Implementing Public Health Interventions